Wednesday 28 October 2015

Happy Black Cat Day!

Hiyas, my lovely jellybabies!

I know iv'e been doing a lot of celebrations lately, and this one is no exception... IT'S BLACK CAT DAY!! I have a black cat called Nellie so today is quite a special day for her...(and me).


Go over to the Cats Protection Website to find out more details about today. Anyways, the true meaning of this post was to share with you lovely lot, the poem I wrote for Edie Rose's black cat day inspired writing competition. I came second, which I was super duper happy about, so i thought I would share it with you. Here goes!

The Ebony Cat

I see her eyes staring intensely,
patterns swirling in the bottomless depths of the pupil,
her amber iris twitching and twisting sharply,
ebony, shimmering fur ripples across the path,
and a flash of jet black sprints away.
I follow it, and see two sharp, mountain peak like ears,
they are listening fiercely.
I wonder what she's seen, 
I wonder where she's been,
I wonder if the life she lived before was a happy one?

So, there you go. My poem about a black cat. All the other entries were fabulous too, and I especially loved Iris's poem. Cute!

Anyways, thanks for reading! And don't forget to tell everyone it's black cat day!

Moonbaby out :)









PS. Ooops. I just realised that black cat day was yesterday. Let's just say it's black cat day anyway! 



2 comments:

  1. I love your poem. Go black cats! *pumps fists in air*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I read your'e story too. Amazeballs!

      Delete