Wednesday 9 March 2016

Happy World Book Day!

Hiyas, my lovely jellibabies! First of all, this is gonna be a pretty emotional and serious post. (If I don't get sidetracked and talk about unicorns instead). But before that,

HAPPY WORLD BOOK DAY!!!!

As you already know, I am a HUGE bibliophile and read the dictionary for fun and believe we should have carts in libraries (Good one Noor, I owe you) so I just wanted to wish you all the best from me to hope you have the best day ever on the only holiday that celebrates books. Wait, it's a holiday, right? However, that brings me to the more serious and emotional part of this post. Here we go:

To be completely honest, I wasn't utterly ecstatic about world book day. *gasps* Not the book part, but the dressing up bit. I thought I was gonna be the only one in my class who would be from Rooftoppers. (Well, I was). Almost EVERY SINGLE BLOOMIN' GIRL was from Dork Diaries, an absolutely great tween novel series by Rachel Renee Russell. There were:


  • 2 Mackenzies
  • 1 Nicki
  • 1 Brianna
  • and 1 Jessica
I felt really left out because they were all hangin'' out together and, like, putting lip gloss on each other and styling each others hair and calling each other 'hon' and 'babe' and 'girlfriend' and painting their nails during assembly. (One did actually did do ALL those things!) I know they were just all in character but still, there I was sitting on the wall with my ripped cotton dress stained with coffee, and strange leg warmers from an old charity-shop-scarred jacket's sleeves and amaranthine lipstick smudge on my cheek. By lunchtime I was ready to go home.

But then I realised something. I should have come as someone from Dork Diaries. NO! I mean, I should have just enjoyed the day as what it was, not as what I wanted it to be. But, hey, now i'm really sad and actually trying not to burst out crying right now because I wasted the ENTIRE day worrying about what I dressed up as and now the next time I do World Book Day will be the last time I do World Book Day. There you go, i'm sniffing. FOR GOODNESS SAKE I'M ACTUALLY CRYING!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about freaking out. Probably NOBODY is reading this because they think i'm such a drama queen, but I hate myself so much I don't even care at the moment.

Right, hopefully the next post will be a bit more positive than this one...

Moonbaby out :)


P.S: One of the only reasons iv'e told you this is because I know most of you actually like my blog a bit and wouldn't mind me putting some more serious things on it

3 comments: